Some people love fall. I get it. It’s not my favorite I will admit. The transition just doesn’t do me well, it hits me out of nowhere and I get a bit depressed. But I do what I can and cook and bake and start to be a babushka again. Fall and winter is great for being babushka, which I love :). I wish I had more time to be babushka but I use what time I have.
This recipe is actually really easy and so tasty, it will impress if you think your not a good cook. It’s also mushroom season right now so feel free to use some different types if you can get your hands on them!
2 lbs beef sirloin, lean, cut into thin slices
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups sliced mushrooms, baby bella will do just fine or some sort of button type
2 small onions, cut into half moon shapes
2 cups of beef broth, sometimes I use mushroom which is also good
4 tbsp all purpose flour
1/3 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup chopped parsley for serving
12 oz of egg noodles
– in a wide saucepan add the butter and sauté the beef for about 5-8 minutes until it is half browned on both sides. remove from the pan and set aside for a moment.
– in the same pan add the onions and the mushrooms until soft. add the beef back in and season with salt and pepper. add the broth and the flour and mix everything very well.
– let the sauce boil and then bring it to a simmer with a lid for 20 minutes. take the lid off and simmer for another 10 minutes.
– meanwhile cook your noodles.
– once the sauce has thickened adjust the seasoning if needed and mix in the sour cream. we like to add a lot of black pepper! serve with noodles and parsley on top.